Colors, shapes, and form emerge as we immerse ourselves in the land. Exploration and discovery will awaken the artist in us all; our creativity fueled by the beauty and life all around us. We'll learn from and have fun with our own ability to conceive and create.
Depending on the interests of the group, activities may include:
• keeping a sketchbook of daily findings inspired by our time in the forest
• dying fabric with natural pigments and objects
• designing rock sculptures, fairy houses, and stick boats
• identifying objects to create a natural art gallery
• making forest inspired masks
*In addition to the theme-related activities listed above, every week of camp will include some classic Schoolhouse activities such as morning and closing circle, deep woods games, whittling, storytelling, and of course, looking for any critters we can find.